A ceremonial tile-breaking marked an announcement about renovations coming to McCain Mall in North Little Rock.
North Little Rock Mayor Pat Hays speaks at Monday's event announcing details of McCain Mall's renovation, which includes a new all-digital, 12-screen movie theater with stadium seating.
An artist's rendering of exterior renovations for McCain Mall. Construction work, led by VCC of Little Rock, begins at the end of April.
An artist's rendering of renovation plans for entrances at McCain Mall in North Little Rock. Planners are aiming for a November completing date for interior and exterior work.
A crowd at Monday's announcement, in the MM Cohn court at McCain Mall. The MM Cohn space will be the new home of a 60,000-square-foot, 12-screen digital movie theater.
For the first time, McCain Mall will have a elevator in its center court. An artist's rendering shows its design.
An artist's rendering of landscaping improvements for McCain Mall. Inside the mall, workers will install new flooring, lighting and furniture.
A Regal Cinemas theater, with 3D and digital projection, will be a new anchor at McCain Mall in North Little Rock. Renovations will begin at the end of April and is expected to be completed by November. The mall will remain open throughout the construction period.
A press conference this morning, led by North Little Rock Mayor Patrick Hays, revealed that renovations will include new interior and exterior features and amenities like flooring, lighting, a family restroom, redesigned mall entrances, signage, a new escalator and the installation of the mall’s first elevator.
Specific projects include:
- Replacing the center court escalator with an updated version.
- Addition of a feature elevator in the center court for customer convenience.
- Addition of a family restroom featuring a nursing station on the mall’s upper level.
- Lower level restrooms redesigned and relocated near JCPenney.
- Redesign of two existing mall entrances including new glass vestibules as well as lighting and landscape features.
- Soft seating areas added throughout the mall for customer comfort and convenience.
- New flooring installed throughout the mall, which includes both tile and carpet in the common areas.
- Redesign of the mall’s common areas with upgraded ceilings, new finishes and lighting.
- Redesign of railings to include contemporary glasswork.
- Redesigned and updated Retail Merchandising Units.
- New directional signage throughout the mall for an easy-to-navigate shopping experience.
- New exterior pylon signage.
“Through this renovation, McCain Mall will even better serve the needs of our customers, whether they are here to shop, to dine, to be entertained or just to enjoy a welcoming and comfortable environment,” said Charles Tarkington, McCain Mall general manager.
The renovation marks the 38 year anniversary since the center opened. The 752,763 square-foot mall, anchored by Dillard’s, JCPenney and Sears, opened in 1973.