It's time to put on your party hat and ring in 2014. Several spots around central Arkansas are throwing extravaganzas this year.
Here is a look at our top 6 parties celebrating New Year's Eve around the capital city:
- Little Rock Marriott's annual New Year's Eve party: Running from 9 p.m.- 2 a.m., this party includes music by Tragikly White, dueling pianos and even dueling DJs, along with a '70s discoteque will be in the lineup at this year's extravaganza. Tickets are $50 in advance (available at the hotel and by clicking here) and $65 at the door. For more info call (501) 399-8059.
- Celebrate The Point 94.1 New Year's Eve at the Crowne Plaza, 201 South Shackleford, Little Rock: The Big John Miller Band will be playing and a DJ will be spinning dance tunes, plus an acoustic set in the lobby bar. Tickets are $45 and include hors d'oeuvres and a champagne toast at midnight. Chuck the Promo Guy might even take the karaoke stage! For more information and to purchase tickets, click here.
- New Year's Eve "Downton Abbey" Wine Dinner Dance at The Empress of Little Rock: Starting at 8 p.m. until it's over, this elegant event is $250 per couple. It's an evening of gourmet with hand-picked wine pairings, live music, dancing in the parlor and entertainment. Attire is black tie. Call all the added details for a special romantic getaway package which includes the dinner, two – four nights in suite of your choice, gourmet candlelight breakfasts and special New Years Brunch on New Year’s Day. For more information, click here or call (501) 374-7966.
- The Joint will be having its Blues, Brews and MoonshineMafia party from 7 p.m. - 1 a.m., featuring burlesque from Foul Play Cabaret and live blues tunes from MoonshineMafia. Sip on cold brews from Diamond Bear Brewery and cocktails from Rock Town Distillery. Get more information here!
- If you're partying down in Hot Springs, don't miss the New Year's Eve Festival Party & Dance at the Arlington, 239 Central Ave. From 8:30 p.m.- 1 a.m., ring in the New Year dancing to the music of a live band, White Chocolate. Admission is $45. Party favors and champagne toast included. Party guests can also attend the black-eyed pea reception that begins at midnight. Room are packages available. Call (501) 609-2553 or click here for more information.
- Have a laugh at the Loony Bin in west Little Rock. The comedy club, 1010 Breckenridge Dr., Little Rock, will have two comedy shows, with the late show at the Looney Bin having champagne at midnight, as well as sparkling cider, party poppers, hats, horns, noisemakers and snacks. The cover charge is $25-- $12.50 at the early show. Call (501) 225-7007 for more information.