Lectures, exhibits and living history events are planned during November by the Arkansas Civil War Sesquicentennial Commission.
A complete listing of sesquicentennial activities and more information on the activities listed below can be found by clicking here. Admission to most events is free.
- Civil War Arkansas, 1861-1865, the ACWSC traveling exhibit, will be on display at Harmony Grove High School in Benton through Nov. 25; call (501) 778-0133.
- Prelude to Prairie Grove: Fall 1862 in Little Rock featuring costumed interpreters and re-enactors depicting civilians and soldiers, will be held at the Old State House Museum in Little Rock Nov. 17; call (501) 324-9685.
- Naval Combat at West Point ACWSC historical marker will be dedicated Nov. 17 at the West Point Volunteer Fire Department in West Point; call (501) 454-1901.
- Civil War Round Table of Arkansas will feature David Casto speaking on The Ninth Missouri Cavalry and a Forgotten Skirmish near Augusta at Second Presbyterian Church in Little Rock Nov. 27; e-mail email@example.com for more information.
- Civil War Arkansas, 1861-1865, the ACWSC traveling exhibit, will be on display at the Saline County Library in Benton Nov. 27-Dec. 9; call (501) 778-4766.
- The Civil War in Arkansas, an exhibit at Little Rock’s Historic Arkansas Museum featuring artifacts from its collection, will be on display during November; call (501) 324-9351.
- Battle Colors of Arkansas, highlighting the museum’s battle flag collection, will be on display at the Old State House Museum in Little Rock during November; call (501) 324-9685.
For more information on these and other sesquicentennial events click here.