Image by acozykitchen.com
A toasted marshmallow shake is one of many delicious drinks perfect for the holidays.
As the holiday season continues to get crazier than you could imagine, it's important to take time to enjoy it--with a beverage in hand.
Here are a few scrumptious drink ideas that will definitely make a splash for the holidays:
Oatmeal Cookie Martini, courtesy of The Hot Sheet blog
Makes 1 serving
- 1 oz. Baileys
- ½ oz. Kahlua
- ½ oz. Goldschläger
- ½ oz. Butterscotch Schnapps
- 1 oz. Whipped cream
- ¼ cup Oreos, crushed for rim
- Hershey syrup to dip the rim in and drizzle in glass
- For the rim, crush Oreos till crumbled. Set aside in a shallow bowl.
- Pour Hershey syrup in a separate shallow bowl. Dip the rim of a martini glass into the syrup to coat the outer edge of the rim. Dab the rim into crushed Oreos while slowly turning the glass to the dip the rim into them.
- In a martini shaker with strain, add ice, Baileys, Kahlua, Goldschläger, Butter Schnapps and whipped cream, and shake.
- Drizzle the inside of the martini glass with Hershey Syrup. Pour contents of shaker through strain into a martini glass and enjoy!
White Christmas, courtesy of The Hot Sheet blog
Makes 1 serving
- 1.5 oz Partida Blanco Tequila
- .5 oz Domaine de Canton
- .5 oz Der Lachs Goldwasser
- .5 oz Dolin Blanc Vermouth
- 1 dash Salt water
- 2 dashes AZBL Figgy Pudding Bitters
Stir and strain into old fashioned glass full of ice. For the garnish, Rosemary Christmas tree, orange peel star and powdered sugar snow.
Toasted Marshmallow Shake, courtesy of SeriousEats.com
- 1 16-ounce bag jumbo marshmallows
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups creamy vanilla ice cream
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- Preheat the broiler. Reserve 4 marshmallows for garnish. Spread out the remaining marshmallows on a baking sheet in a single layer. Place the sheet under the broiler and cook, stirring once or twice, until completely charred, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Repeat with the remaining 4 marshmallows, but cook just until toasted slightly golden, about 1 minute. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.Add the milk, ice cream, sour cream, and burnt marshmallows to a blender. Blend for 5 minutes.
- Pour into four 8-ounce glasses and garnish each glass with a golden marshmallow.
For more delightful drink ideas over the holidays and beyond, visit SeriousEats.com.
Sunny-Style Gingerbread Cookie, courtesy of Sonny Williams Steak Room