Do you enjoy movies and the filmmaking process?
The Winthrop Rockefeller Institute on Petit Jean Mountain, 1 Rockefeller Drive, Morrilton, is giving the public a rare chance to explore the many facets of filmmaking like acting, screenwriting, producing and directing during its second annual Film Forum March 21-24.
The cool event will feature top teachers all over the country, including Oscar, Golden Globe, Peabody, and Emmy award winners.
Attendees will be able to enjoy small classes, multi-disciplinary learning and one-on-one interactions with award-winning film professionals. This includes:
- Actor Robert Walden (All the President's Men)
- Actor Judge Reinhold (Beverly Hills Cop)
- Director Howard Deutch (Pretty in Pink, Some Kind of Wonderful)
- Screenwriter Tom Schulman (Dead Poets Society)
- Documentarian Craig Renaud (On the Front Lines of Film Journalism)
- Arkansas Democrat-Gazette Film Critic Phillip Martin
See the full faculty list here.
Several pricing options are available from full packages with lodging for $750 to a day pass for Friday or Saturday for just $125. Also, there are several a la carte tickets for individual panel discussions, dinner and a special performance by actor Laurence Luckinbill. See all the options here.
Space is limited for the Film Forum, so it is recommended to register early to secure workshop, panel and presentation spots. Those who register by Thursday, Jan. 31, will receive a 10 percent discount on full packages and a 5 percent discount on college student and faculty packages.