The museum's Great Hall comes alive with interactive, science-based experiences highlighting the physical and earth sciences of Africa.
Those attending the 21-and-over-only event will get the chance to:
- Meet African animals and learn more about many of the continent's best-known inhabitants
- Examine some of the more exotic skeletons of African animals, pulled from the Museum of Discovery's collection, as well as skulls, hides and other animal artifacts from the Little Rock Zoo
- Learn about the science and scientists of Africa, including troubling phenomena like the melting of the snow cap on Mount Kilimanjaro
- Explore "The Development of Construction from the Age of the Pharaoh to Modern Egypt," as UALR's Dr. Amin Akhnoukh talks about pyramids, pharaoh temples and newer projects such as the high dam in Aswan, Cairo Tower, the famous Alexandria Library, and the Egyptian Museum
- Enjoy African roots-based music.